Comment on page
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Tastech Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (“GDPR”), the relevant national legislation of the Countries implementing the GDPR (together the “Regulations”) and Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organizations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes. We are the sole controller of the data that we gather from you and we are responsible for your personal data to the extent required by law.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO US (IRRESPECTIVE OF THE MANNER OR FORM), ACCESSING AND/OR USING OUR WEBSITE OR APPLICATION (THE “SITE”), AND/OR REGISTERING, SUBSCRIBING, CREATING AN ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY AND TO ITS PROCESSING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REGULATIONS, AND THAT YOU ARE EXPRESSLY CONSENTING TO OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS IN THIS POLICY, PLEASE (I) DO NOT ACCESS THE SITE OR (II) DISCONTINUE YOUR USAGE OF THE SITE IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY STARTED USING THE SITE.
- 1.As used in this Notice: “Customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- 2.Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, email address, nationality, gender and device location.
- Name: Your full name may be collected for application functionality where we recognize your identity.
- Email address: Your email address will be collected for account verification purposes.
- Nationality : Your country of citizenship will be collected for languages suggestion.
- Gender: Your gender will be collected for better personalizing your application features.
- Device location: We provide map services and we need to track your location to collect device location information for application functionality. Your device location will not be made public and we save your privacy seriously.
- 4.Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use And Disclosure Of Personal Data
5. We generally do not collect your personal data unless It is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or Collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the GDPR, PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
6. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- Verifying your identity;
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- Managing your relationship with us;
- Processing payment or credit transactions;
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- Any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
- Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
7. About Cookies
I. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device through your web browser to empower our frameworks to perceive your activities and disclose to us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by what number of individuals.
II. Some browsers have an inbuilt option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies services, as well as sometimes allowing you to choose on accepting each new cookie in a variety of ways. We, therefore, strongly recommend that you leave the cookies feature always activated, however, because enabling the cookies feature allows you to take advantage of some of our Service’s most attractive features.
8. About Session Cookies
I. The Site may use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your computer or mobile device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Site. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you will be required to re-enter your log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your xtrip Account contents and related personal information.
9. We may disclose your personal data:
- Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you;
- To third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
Withdrawing Your Consent
10. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
11. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
12. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause above.
13. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access To And Correction Of Personal Data
14. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
15. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
16. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the GDPR or PDPA).
Protection Of Personal Data
17. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, use of privacy filters, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
18. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy Of Personal Data
19. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention Of Personal Data
20. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
21. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers Of Personal Data Outside Of Singapore
22. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the GDPR and PDPA.
Data Protection Officer
23. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner: TASTECH Pte. Ltd. 9 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec Tower Two #07-10, Singapore 038989
Effect Of Notice And Changes To Notice
24. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
25. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
26.1 Effective date : 05/10/2022
26.2 Last updated: 05/10/2022